Donations informations :
Since the 19/07/2017 it's now impossible to pay in game. You can access the donation page here !

Permanent mute

You've got banned and thik it's not fair ? Appeal here. - Vous avez été banni en pensez que c'est injuste ? Faîtes appel ici.
ergo
Neophyte

Permanent mute

Postby ergo » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:29 pm

Hey guys, Ergo here.
Some days ago, I was playing on the server when two German dudes came online, talking in their native language. They talked and wrote in German for some minutes before they got gagged. I wrote a German message stating something like ("Jungs ihr müsst hier Englisch reden" -translates to> "Guys you have to talk English here"). I then got muted instantly, but the responsible admin came to the realisation that I actually didn't intend to break any rules so he quickly unmuted me again.
Later I made an unfunny joke - my sense of humor is very, very special and I sometimes somehow manage to offend people without even intending - which goes as follows: "Which flag of war is the easiest to remember? The French one. Just remove blue and red"
In retroperspective, I have to admit that this joke has a great potential of offending people and I normally would not have made it but it just seemed to suit the situation as the two German dudes talked about some nationalist garbage (not seriously, of course) and I thought I could ... Well, I don't really know what I thought because the more I think of it, the worse seems the joke to be ...

Anyways, I then got permanently muted, gagged and couldn't use neither psay nor asay so there was no chance of apologizing :/

So, this is the story of how i managed to get muted in the blink of an eye. This really bothers me as I - 3 years experience as an admin on different TTT-Servers - always have the urge to answer questions from new players, which leads to me always bringing up text chat and writing responses only to realize I can't.

So, if you are of the opinion that I deserve a second chance, I would be greatly delighted to get unmuted/gagged et cetera pergite.

Yours sincerely, Ergo

PS: If you do not think that I deserve a second chance, just ban me permanently. For me, not being able to communicate with people makes the game unenjoyable.

Zrael
Accomplished User

Re: Permanent mute

Postby Zrael » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:31 pm

Hello.

I'm the admin who pmute you.
In fact, this day, people called me because some people were talking in German on the server.
When I came on it, I saw two people who were speaking in German.
I told them to stop but then, they just continue or spam (don't really remember) and you also talked in German at this moment.
In the action, I muted you.

After, when you all could talk, they started to spam + insult us (Seekers and me if I have good memories). In this time, you just said your sentence that I found personally as a provocation against French people.
Because the reason of this is that many people on the server at this time were bothering French people.
And when you said this, they all laughed so I decided to pmute you and the two others.
You also got mpblock (not permanent) because you were trying to mp me.
I don't remember of what but there was a reason.

I think a pmute is too much and I just pmute you "in the action" .
I'll see if I can unpmute you the next time that you'll be on the server but try to not say this type of things in some contexts.

Aww and it's not because you are pmuted that you'll be pban ^^

(Just wanna add that this kind of situation appear everyday and it's boring sometimes so the best solution is to put the same sanction to everyone but it's kind of hard and delicate)

Zrael. :3
~Zrael, vieux joueur des AServeurs~
~Bientôt 2 ans 🎂~

ergo
Neophyte

Postby ergo » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:44 pm

Thank you!
But as you keep ignoring me while playing on the server I assume you don't want to unmute me? I'm fine with that but you could have just wrote it directly instead of handling it like that.

Randy
AServers SuperAdmin

Postby Randy » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:13 pm

Pourquoi tu dis que tu va le unpmute ? si tu pmute c'est qu'il y a une raison valable .. tu pmute pas quelqu'un pour la unpmute après ..

~Randy~ Super Admin :D

Loulou ♥

Zrael
Accomplished User

Postby Zrael » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:19 pm

Je vais pas le unmute au final.
Il demande toujours pour sa (avant que je poste sa) il a même changé son pseudo.
Et sinon, c'était parce que je suis peut etre aller un peu fort avec lui.
Mais j'ai clairement d'autre chose à faire la maintenant.

Zrael.
~Bientôt 2 ans 🎂~

ergo
Neophyte

Postby ergo » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:07 pm

Well ...
I don't understand French so I don't have any idea what you wrote.
I can only assume that you are reffering to the change of my username (from "Ergo" to somewhat like "Ergo Unmute pls")
I made this change only due to the fact that there is absolutely no other way of communicating as I am blocked from writing any form of messages; it was meant to be a notification that I joined on the server.

I know it is not allowed to beg for bein unmuted / e.t.c. by changing one's username; but in this case, as said above, it was not begging but notifying as a player joining the server can easily be missed.

If all of the arguments and explanations above are not enough, just say it. I'm tired of explaining myself.

Zrael
Accomplished User

Postby Zrael » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:54 pm

Hello,
I'm sorry for all but you'll not be unpmuted.
I'm kind of lost in my mind nowadays and I need To take a little break for breathing..

Sorry again for my mistake, Zrael.

(Reason of the pmute: Trolling + Bothering french people + Speaking german)
~Bientôt 2 ans 🎂~

ergo
Neophyte

Postby ergo » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:58 pm

Wow.
I don't see how I trolled someone but that's a hard punishment, though.
Most servers just ban users temporarily.
But in the end it is your decision to give your community members the sack for basically no reason ^^

Zrael
Accomplished User

Postby Zrael » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:01 pm

It's test admin who told me to mute you because you were speaking german on the server.
As I understood, they already muted people so I muted you another time.
But after the change of map, you used of irony (about french people during war) and I took this as a troll (all people were laughing at this time) so 3 mute = pmute in the logic.

I trust 100% the test admins so you deserve your pmute.

Zrael.
~Bientôt 2 ans 🎂~

Randy
AServers SuperAdmin

Postby Randy » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:41 am

I lock the topic,

Randy

~Randy~ Super Admin :D

Loulou ♥